The Government has given every Primary School funding to develop Physical education and competitive sport.
At Netherhall Infant’s we are using this funding to:
• Employing specialist coaches to work alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence in PE
• Make sure every child in KS1 is active for 30 minutes a day.
• Releasing the school PE Coordinators for professional development in PE and sport to then feedback to staff.
• Providing quality-assured professional training for staff to raise their confidence and competence in teaching PE and sport
• Work alongside Kirklees Active Schools to help promote a universal message across Kirklees about the importance of regular activity for children. Which also helps us to make links to sports clubs held in the wider community.
• To increase the amount of competitive sport in which our children participate by working in partnership with neighbouring schools to organise competitions.
• Provide extra provision for children who are talented by selecting them for a Gifted and Talented focused clubs.
• To support the inclusion of those with special needs in sport.
• Purchasing specialist equipment and teaching resources.
• Providing an exciting range of after-school sport clubs run by staff and specialist coaches which have included:
At Netherhall Learning Campus we recognise the importance of fostering a love of sport and an active lifestyle from an early age. Our goal with the support of this funding is to provide all our pupils a high quality PE provision in and outside curriculum time.
Tel: 01484 226601
Fax: 01484 226602
Netherhall Learning Campus consists of four schools, covering the full age and ability range from 3 – 19 years, each with its own distinctive ethos; each with its own individual identity and each catering to the specific needs of its students.
Hello and welcome to our school website. We hope you like it and find everything you need.
Head of School